Christmas is just days away, so get prepared by creating easy-to-make gifts from our very own terracotta pots. As part of our Heritage Range, you can make our premium terracotta pots last longer than the delicious flavours within them, with some easy DIY gifts, fun for both you and the kids!
Read on below for some great Christmas gift ideas you can make with Chris’ terracotta pots:
Ideal for the girls in your family, a marbled pot is perfect to hold jewellery, small beauty products like hair ties and nail polishes or taillight candles.
- Matte white spray paint or white spray paint ‘undercoat’
- Plastic painters sheet
- Newspaper/scrap paper
- Rubber gloves
- Disposable plastic drinking cups (1 per pot used)
- 1 large plastic container
- 2 small plastic containers
- 3 kinds of complimentary acrylic paint (white, grey, & black)
- Small jug of water
- Paintbrush or disposable fork
- Clear Coat glossy spray paint
- Outside, lay down painters sheet
- Spray 2-3 layers of matte undercoat/white spray paint onto each pot (wait for each layer to dry before doing the next)
- Leave to dry for approx. 60 mins
- Mix 2/3 water and 1/3 base colour acrylic paint (white) in a large plastic container
- Using the same water to paint ratio, mix into two separate vessels the two other acrylic paints (grey & black)
- Starting from lightest to darkest, flick and pour grey paint into the container of white acrylic, making patterns as you wish
- Add smaller amounts of second colour (black) in the same manner until mixed to you liking (less is more!)
- Using two hands and rubber gloves, roll undercoated pots clockwise into the paint, letting paint run into the inside and draining excess out one coated evenly
- One desired pattern is achieved, on newspaper or painters sheet, place pots bottom-side-down onto the rim of the plastic cups, balancing carefully
- Leave to dry for 24-72 hours (depending on thickness of paint coat) in a dry, cool area out of the weather/reach
- Once dry, using plastic cups again as a stand, spray 2-3 times with clear coat spray paint, making sure to coat evenly.
- Wait 8 hours to ensure they’re dry.
Pine Cone Christmas Trees:
Christmas themed gifts like a pine cone Christmas tree are great to give to teachers, colleagues, grandparents and friends and family.
What You Need:
- Terracotta pot
- 1 Pine cone per pot
- Metallic paint for the pot and green paint for the pine cone
- Mini star
- Wash the inside and outside of the pot using warm water and soap and rinse with water. Leave to dry
- Paint the outside of the pot in a colour of your choice – metallics are great and festive!
- Paint the pine cone green by holding above newspaper and painting by hand or by using a spray bottle
- Apply a thin line of glue to the tips of the pine cone edges and sprinkle glitter so it looks like snow has fallen
- Once dried apply hot glue onto the bottom of the pine cone and the terracotta pot and place inside. You may need to hold it there for a while until it dries
- Next glue a star on top
Festive Succulent Pots:
Get in the festive spirit with these succulent pots! Gift them to your family and friends who can use them as table toppers, or to be placed around the home for a festive feel.
- Terracotta Pots
- 2 Succulents/Plants of choice
- Small hand shovel or spoon
- Garden gloves
- Ribbon/decorative garnish
- Use shovel/spade to delicately un-pot the plants
- Transfer immediately to terracotta pot, being careful not to damage roots
- Make sure roots are covered with soil, add a small amount of water to moisten if needed
- Decorate with festive decorations
We want to know how you are re-using your terracotta pots! Comment and share with us below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas and we will share our favourite suggestions on this page.